2. A shift in Convention Venue from Portharcourt to Abuja, Harmonisation of convention committee among the two factions, Adoption of the last congress executives as delegates and Co - convention chairmanship with Makarfi declaring convention open while Sheriff do the handing over to the newly elected PDP chairman. Both chairmen to address convention. All these were rejected by the said Governors.
3. Chief Bode George, Prof. Adeniran and High Chief Dokpesi resolved to jointly walk out of convention ground and hold a press conference over mutilation of delegates list in favour of an anointed aspirant.
4. Only Ondo and Ekiti state in south west will have their full delegates participating at the convention. Osun, Oyo, Ogun and Lagos only has statutory delegates for the convention. Those state are having parallel executives while Oyo is yet to conduct congress.
5. Governor Fayose was blocked from leaving the Rivers state presidential lodge. He missed the re - arranged convention/ NEC meeting at the Rivers state PDP secretariat.
6. PDP Governors splits over Bode George and Jimi Agbaje. Governor Mimiko leading some governors for BG while Governor Wike/Fayose was leading others for Jimi Agbaje.
7. Some National PDP leaders including President Goodluck Jonathan, Fmr Senate President, David Mark, Fmr Speaker HOR Dimeji Bankole, Fmr Governors etc remain neutral in the PDP crisis therefore did not participate in the convention.
8. The botched PDP convention is a blessing in disguise since the outcome would have further polarised the Makarfi/Wike/Fayose/Mimiko faction.
9. A notable PDP leader/ Senator from Ogun State was alleged to be playing double game therefore leading to an open confrontation with another Ogun State National Assembly member.
10. The PDP crisis is more about positioning for 2019 elections and goes beyond the present gladiators. Crisis rumoured to be influenced by some APC bigwigs preparing grounds to launch their presidential ambition in PDP and some Governors promoting same to get the VP slot.
11. The court pronouncements in Abuja was aimed to create a vacuum in PDP leadership since the tenure of the Makarfi led CTC would have ended this weekend and the Governors countered this with the PHC FHC ruling. The party would have be left without a leadership or be forced to accept Sen. Ali Modu Sherriff had the convention fails to hold.
12. Arising from the irreconcilable differences in PDP leadership, it's becoming glaring that a new political platform is in the offing.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Easyblaze